Injuries / Blessures

Go down

Injuries : for Playoffs, you want to / Blessures : pour les Playoffs, vous voulez :

27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 11

Injuries / Blessures

Post  Romain on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:54 pm

I start this poll a long time before playoffs (and I close it in 7 days) because I don't want every GM vote only for personal concern. If you choose answer 3, please, specify the level you would want (now 120).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je démarre ce sondage bien avant les playoffs (et je le ferme dans 7 jours) pour ne pas que les GMs vote seulement par intérêt personnel. Si vous choisissez l'option 3, merci de spécifier le niveau que vous voudriez (actuellement 120)

Romain

Posts : 154
Join date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  aadam on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:12 am

I would want a level of 0. Smile

aadam

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Budapest, HUN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  storm[hun] on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:37 am

as i will not have anything to do with playoffs, i shouldn't really care... but there's no real competition with injuries.

storm[hun]

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-01-11
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Chris Thiele on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:44 am

I went with the first option.

Chris Thiele

Posts : 4
Join date : 2008-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Romain on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 am

I vote for third. I think playoffs should start with same teams because of this competition nature.
I would move down the injury frequency to 80. I'm not for eliminating this parameter totally. I think injuries are part of the game. However, during playoffs, players are more resistant than during regular season. They often play with injuries. That's why I choose 80

That's only my GM opinion! No matter what it is, the commish I am will act accordingly to this poll result

Romain

Posts : 154
Join date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  aadam on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Romain wrote: I'm not for eliminating this parameter totally. I think injuries are part of the game.
Ok, but trades and UFAs are part of the game as well, aren't they? Razz Don't forget that this is not a "typical" league so we shouldn't always apply the "typical" rules. The purpose of this tournament is to find out who's the best EHM coach around and I think we shoud keep that in mind even when deciding about the rules.

aadam

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Budapest, HUN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  BrunoFHL on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Arrow Arrow J'ai voté pour la 1e option. afro

BrunoFHL

Posts : 5
Join date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Romain on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 pm

aadam wrote:
Romain wrote: I'm not for eliminating this parameter totally. I think injuries are part of the game.
Ok, but trades and UFAs are part of the game as well, aren't they? Razz Don't forget that this is not a "typical" league so we shouldn't always apply the "typical" rules. The purpose of this tournament is to find out who's the best EHM coach around and I think we shoud keep that in mind even when deciding about the rules.

Mmmmh, not totally agree with you!

You are right when you say that we should keep in mind it is not a typical league and its purpose is to find out the best coach!

However, if you look well the real hockey, coachs have to deal with injuries. Injuries are part of the game, AND are also part of the coach work! That's why I prefer not to eliminate them (but, again, that's only my personal choice, and I won't decide alone. This poll will decide)
So yes I eliminated some other parts of the game like trades and UFAs. I think it's more logical because, often, trades and ufas are the GM's work and not the coach's one... (OK, I know coachs can give their opinion in those decisions...)

Just my GM opinion...
Wink

Romain

Posts : 154
Join date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Kevus23 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 pm

I think we should do the "status quo" because if we uninjure all the players during the playoff it won't be fair for the GM who loose a key players IND on october 6 versus a April 1st IND.

Kevus23

Posts : 23
Join date : 2008-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  aadam on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Romain wrote:However, if you look well the real hockey, coachs have to deal with injuries. Injuries are part of the game, AND are also part of the coach work!
In real hockey, the competitors are teams. But this league is not a competition for the teams, but for the coaches. We are looking for the best coach and not the best team.
If my 3 top players injure and I still manage to reach the playoffs, but lose in the first round, I would be the best coach I think. Smile But how would I prove it? The Cup is the only proof. Without injuries, the winner probably would be the best (beside being the luckiest of course Smile ).

aadam

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Budapest, HUN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  storm[hun] on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:52 pm

don't use the word 'luck' if you don't want anger... Smile

1st: treat the playoffs as a new game. so we can uninjure all players
2nd: the 'not fair' comment stands - but it is already not fair in this way, some have serious injuries, some have only a few dtd's already.

we can only prove who's the best, if they have the same possibilities and conditions. if one has an IND, the other has a DtD - where are the same conditions?

storm[hun]

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-01-11
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Romain on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:43 am

I'm not really satisfied with injuries and I understand some GMs are angry about them!
For this time, the majority wins and we let run the tournament with an injury level as now.

But not sure at all I will have injuries in the 2009 edition...

Romain

Posts : 154
Join date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  aadam on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 am

I have 359 skill of shooting (99+99+92+69) and 311 of hitting injured... 4 players, ALL of them are 1st liners.

This is the point when we should doubt this tournament was even worth doing. Not only for me, because this laughable situation of my team means that the winner of the regular season didn't even had a slight chance to win the cup - not a good thing when we are searching the best coach. A superb idea, fucked up why a terribly bad decision (about the injury levels).

Romain, beside the fantastic work you have been doing, your only mistake was to let US decide what to do with injuries... You should have decide it on your own. The majority was stupid, just as usual... (Anyway, what 'majority' are we talking about? 6 GMs voted for "Let run normally"...).

My first thought was to quit immediately. Finally I decided not to, but only in order to do something moral is this morally ruined world. Laughing

aadam

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Budapest, HUN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Romain on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:02 am

I saw this terrible game vs QUE for you!

You know I tried to do my best! I always prefer let the majority to decide than deciding alone. But that's true, injuries are a terrible mistake in this tournament...

In the other hand, please consider that's the first edition of this tournament. Never be done before! I suppose it never can be perfect the first time.

Experience will speak itself for next year. The same mistake won't happen again...

Romain

Posts : 154
Join date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  aadam on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Romain wrote:I always prefer let the majority to decide than deciding alone.
Democracy may be the best for governing a state, but dictatorship is better for a hockey league. Laughing

aadam

Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Budapest, HUN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  storm[hun] on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:28 pm

just don't forget this.
at least i won't...

Very Happy

storm[hun]

Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-01-11
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Injuries / Blessures

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum